Thursday, May 25, 2023

Ourense to Madrid Chamertin

By train.

Sitting on a train for 3 hours is almost as tiring as walking! The train started from Ourense and was almost empty at the beginning. I had a nice forward-facing window seat. The train sped along, sometimes reaching 250 km per hour. At every station, more passengers got on. I relieved the boredom by walking down to the buffet car, where I had a beer, a chicken sandwich and some crisps. The link below is my much worse experience last time I made this journey:

The previous post on that blog gives more info about the thermal pools.



My hotel, the Barcelo Ourense, when I left this morning.

A few pics from my stroll around town as far as the main square and cathedral yesterday evening:



Now I’m relaxing in the Barcelo Imagine Hotel in Madrid, enjoying a cup of Japanese Sencha tea.

Looking out of my window, there are a few changes down below. I used to watch a homeless man in his shack and veggie garden in a patch of waste ground. Now it’s all been bulldozed and something new is being constructed.




Looking black over the station. Rain is forecast for tonight.

1 comment: